Sunday, February 28, 2010

Connor-Day2

I’m actually able to pick up a bit of the Cyrillic alphabet. On the way home from extensive touring, we navigated the Metro system problem-free. I could look at the schedule and pick out our Island’s name – Vasilievsky. It did help knowing that the island is North-West of the heart of the city. ”KoΦe” is personally very important to remember. Of course, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m only beginning learning Cyrillic, and my knowledge of Russian language is abysmal. I totally underestimated the difficulty I’d have getting by in the country. For instance, my jont through the city was free and easy until I wanted to buy a cup of coffee. I simply paged though my guidebook until an employee began speaking to me in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment